The following are the general pre-requisites to deploy cloud resources in AWS:
- AWS account
- An IAM user with appropriate permissions to list, describe, create, update and delete cloud resources
- The users secret and access key details
- The AWS region where the cloud infrastructure will be deployed to
- Address block (CIDR - IPv4) for VPC and Subnets
QMCLOUD relies on the Pulumi service for deployment of cloud resources.
For a self-hosted environment or an AWS marketplace appliance, a user is required to:
- 1.Create or use an existing Pulumi account
- 2.Create an access token from Pulumi
- 3.Configure QMCLOUD to use the access token under Configuration
Important note: In the SaaS version of QMCLOUD, there is no need for a user to create or setup Pulumi accounts and tokens. The SaaS version of QMCLOUD automatically manages the capabilities on the behalf of the users.
Please refer to the Pulumi link below and documentation to get started to create an account. Pulumi offers various tiers of accounts including a free account.